Many people are born with teeth that are more yellow than others. Others become yellow with age. Its natural white color can also be affected by many factors. Superficial spots (called by dentists as extrinsic stains) and pigmentations can be caused by:
- Tobacco (whether smoked or chewed)
- Drink coffee, tea or red wine
- Eat many highly pigmented foods such as cherries or blackberries
- Accumulation of tartar, which results from hardening of the plate
Internal stains (called by dentists as intrinsic stains) can be caused by:
- Teeth Whitening manhattan Treatments with tetracycline during the time when the tooth was formed
- Yellow and gray colorations as part of the aging process
- Blows in the teeth that cause nerve death giving a brown, gray or black color
- Excess fluoride intake when the tooth is forming (from birth to age 6) that gives a mottled appearance
How can teeth be bleached?
Professional office cleaning can remove most external stains caused by food or tobacco. The use of whitening toothpaste can also help remove these superficial spots between visits to the dentist. If stains have been present for years, it may require professional whitening to remove the most persistent spots.
Internal stains can be bleached with a chemical, covered with resin or crowns. As these methods are safe and effective, your dentist will recommend the most appropriate one for you, depending on the state of your teeth and the results you hope to achieve.
Teeth Whitening Dentist manhattan will consider:
- The degree and type of stain
- How much tooth structure remains (is it a tooth with large fillings – are changes in tooth shape necessary or desired?)
How does tooth whitening work?
Chemical whitening can be done in a dental office or at home with products you get from your dentist. Both methods use gels that oxidize the spots. It may be usual for the teeth to suffer a slight sensitivity during the whitening process.
- Treatments at home. It is the most popular method used today. The dental professional takes an impression of the teeth and makes a spoon adapted to your mouth, which you fill with the bleaching gel and use for 2 hours a day or at night for two weeks. They usually contain a solution of carbamide peroxide of 10 to 15%. It is very effective under the supervision of the dentist. Also more concentrated solutions are used in brushstroke, which are left for 30 seconds for 15 days and safe and effective results are obtained.
- Treatments in the office. They are less frequent and more expensive; this procedure takes 30 minutes to an hour per visit and must return several times to achieve the desired whitening. To protect the mouth, a rubber protector is used on the gums around the dental necks and then the gel is applied which is an oxidizing agent (chemical bleaching solution). Then apply an oxidizing agent (bleaching solution) on the teeth. Sometimes a special light is used at 5 second intervals to activate the Teeth Bleaching Near Me manhattan with bleaching agent.
If Teeth Whitening Dentist Cost is your concern, visit us to avail Cheap Teeth Whitening manhattan.